Well, it’s been all about being neglectful lately as I’m home in California, spending time with my absolute favorite people. I hope you all have a wild and crazy New Years because this grandma will be drunk, on the couch, with her best girls, ringing in what will be my best year yet.
Happy New Year!
P.S. Thanks for being fucking awesome.
What do you say?
You read that right, I brought my date to see Nina Skye. Let’s back up shall we?
To wrap up this Stoli series, they held a huge party in the Meatpacking where there was booze, fashionistas (of which I’m sure you read my rambles) and maje music. I decided instead of canceling on my prior-scheduled date from OkCupid, I was going to bring him to such a festive gathering.
Blind dates are always wonky- you really don’t know what you’re getting. Granted, OKCupid helps you out with that with fancy images but really, it’s a blind date. After meeting my date in the front, we followed the bumpin’ music upwards to the Penthouse, naturally. Poor kid. It was his first time at one of these shindigs but he soon got comfortable after we found a delicious Stoli bev. He asked what it was about, I told him about the celebration of music and art and all that fancy stuff and that Nina Skye was going to perform… well let’s just say what a small world it is because he laughed and said that very thing. Then, proceeded to explain that ‘Nina Skye’ is FAM. Like, you know, family friends. Our night got even better.
With the delicious drinks consumed, we headed to a spot to enjoy the show. I haven’t listened to Nina Skye since I was in grade school so we jammed out to ‘Move Your Body’ of course but also their latest goods, which I dug. My date made some intros to his ‘fam’, Nina Skye (no bigs) and we left together where we came across Justin Bieber. No bigs.
Basically, it was a great night. Stoli + ORGNLTV know how to throw a function.
Oh and I wore this. Whoo. Thx @Taisa_Veras
Images via Hal Horowitz
What do you say?
What’s that? Yea, you heard it right. I’m looking for a lovely intern to assist me at JWalk. Someone who is a go-getter and a maje achiever. And I thought, what better place to find an awesome intern than from my readers? I’m definitely not a Miranda but I am looking for my Andy Sachs. So without further ado…
- Be cool yo. Definitely need a chill but productive personality as I’m in constant high-stress. Whoo hoo!
- You love coffee. Or at least grabbing some for both of us. That may include a hefty cream-cheese slathered carb.
- Well-versed in social media. I’m talking Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, plugins, hashtags, tweet chats, content calendars, handles, bit.ly, etc. You got to know it all.
- Be available. This is a full-time intern position, located in mid-town, in-office.
- Understanding of the blogging world. Not just fashion.
- Be a pro at Excel. Lord knows Excel sheets drive me crazy so someone who is better versed in it than I is epic.
- Be organized and communicative. This is a must.
- Creative. Just because I like talking to someone who lives in a creative world than a boring one. HA.
- Located in NYC only. Sorry non-NYC’ers.
- Manage all social media conversations. Literally a watchdog.
- Prep and manage content calendars as they progress during each month.
- Run errands as needed.
- Use your voice/Be a voice. Not looking for a quiet person in the least but also knows when and if you should be adding input.
- Contribute to posting, as needed (Blog, Twitter, etc)
- Engage with multiple communities with a fine-tooth comb and a professional voice (depending on client)
- Be as helpful as possible, including being a model for Instagram product shots (fun!), being a photographer, organizing product, etc.
What you get:
- Obviously, me. The best part.
- A stipend each month + travel expenses (MTA card only).
- An experience at a digital social agency, where we DO IT ALL.
- And so many other fun perks (free product anyone?)
Needing an intern to start January 2nd, 2013. YAY, new year!
And just for good measure…
Photo via Foley + Corinna
Friends. When you find them all while being in this ridiculously windblown city, it feels pretty damn good. Don’t you agree?
What do you say?
Normally, we go to all these events and most the time, it’s a simple fine time. Nothing too major, nothing too exciting. But this time around, Warby Parker decided to play with the cool kids. They had whiskey (which was delicious), a live band playing the best Christmas jazz tunes, some delicious rice balls with pepper sauce (can you tell that was my favorite?) plus I was surrounded by some of my favorite company.
I normally never blog about these sort of events. There’s nothing much to tell you but these photos told a different story. Warby Parker had an amazing photographer. I knew the moment I saw these photos, I had to blog about it + add CAPTION THIS, of course. Photographer Melissa Murphy was brilliant in her shooting and I couldn’t be more happy to share them with you. So let the captions tell the story, yo.
Happy Holidayz folks and thanks Warby Parker for inviting me.
(Helena, Justin, Bonnie, Christina, Kim, Rafael, Antonio, Morgan, Tanya, Christine, Rich, John, Natalie)
What do you say?